Nine Things I Learned from My Dad:
1. If you’re going to get in trouble at school, let it be for talking too much to all of your many friends. Sociable is not a bad thing.
2. When putting together an outfit, choose the least noticeable color in the busier item, and make that your accent color. Makes it pop.
3. French toast is a breakfast of champions.
4. It doesn’t matter how much money he spends on you. It matters how he treats you.
5. Never let your kids wonder if you love them.
6. Ice cream is always a good idea.
7. A person can make a solid career out of being a good listener.
8. If you raise your kids, you spoil your grandkids. If you spoil your kids, you raise your grandkids.
9. Real men love smart women.
(Thanks, Dad. You’re the best a girl could hope for.)